The History of Heworth Golf Club


"The Castle", as the original clubhouse was commony known, opened on 1st June 1912.  The course consited of 9 holes which are now the 1st to the 3rd then the 13th to the 18th.   To take a closer look at the various periods in the history of the club, including photographs, select any of the sections below.

The Early Days

1940 - 1949

1950 - 1959

1960 - 1969

1970 - 1979

1980 - 1989